Re: docpolicy.html update

On Tue, Oct 15, 2002 at 09:03:15PM +0200, Denis Barbier wrote:
> On Tue, Oct 15, 2002 at 01:21:48AM -0700, Osamu Aoki wrote:
> > New build script which comply with new policy is implemented for
> >
> >  debian-reference
> >  users-guide
> >
> > Their web page are indexed with table style indexes with the box.
> >
> >   HTML
> >   plain text
> >   PS
> >   PDF
>
> This is exactly how it is rendered by my browser, couldn't it be
>   HTML, plain text, PS, PDF
> instead?  IMHO there is no need for tables here.

Is it so?  Without table it does not align nicely.  (Code is simple)

Currently for my document, http://www.debian.org/doc/user-manuals has,:

... for few languages

     Availability: [Full length document]

                   |English version: |HTML |plain text |PDF |PS |
                   |-----------------+-----+-----------+----+---|
                   |French version:  |HTML |plain text |PDF |PS |
                   |-----------------+-----+-----------+----+---|
                   |Italian version: |HTML |plain text |PDF |PS |
                   |-----------------+-----+-----------+----+---|
                   |Spanish version: |HTML |plain text |PDF |PS |

                   [Short length document]

                   |English version: |HTML |plain text |PDF |PS |

                   You can visit the current development version here, use
                   CVS to download the SGML source text.
                   Development hosted at qref.sf.net.

...for one language

     Availability: +--------------------------------------------+
                   |English version: |HTML |plain text |PDF |PS |

                   You can visit the current development version here, use
                   CVS to download the SGML source text.

GPM did not do good job so I was lazy...  Is it good for you?
Or you insist to be without table.  I hope you agree with my taste.
(This is not really important but aesthetic issue.)

        Osamu Aoki @ Cupertino CA USA, GPG-key: A8061F32
 .''`.  Debian Reference: post-installation user's guide for non-developers
 : :' : http://www.debian.org/doc/manuals/reference/ also http://qref.sf.net
 `. `'  "Our Priorities are Our Users and Free Software" --- Social Contract