Re: Debian documentation

On Thu, Jun 20, 2002 at 06:46:30AM -0700, Osamu Aoki wrote:
> > > I think "Debian specific documents" needs to be better organized for
> > > woody+1 in /usr/share/doc/DEBIAN/, just like HOWTO and RFC.
> >
> > As long as you don't write Debian in all uppercase! :)
>
> Use of /usr/share/doc/Debian/ is was alternative I wondered too. :)
>
> Current /usr/share/doc/debian/ is so hard to find.

It's only hard to find because we don't advertize it, other than in dpkg -L
output.

Besides, it's no harder to find than "HOWTO" and "RFC" are. Nobody in their
sane mind does a 'ls' in the doc directory, on most of today's systems, it's
just too huge :)

> Also rech package
> which install document into /usr/share/doc/Debian/ should contain some
> README file in their /usr/share/doc/<packagename>/ to point user to the
> document.
>
> Come to think of it, I wonder why there is no "filelist" in each
> /usr/share/doc/<packagename>/ which lists not only obvious but ones
> created by the install scripts.

Not sure what you mean by that last paragraph, but now that I think about
it, I should make a symlink /usr/share/doc-debian/debian -> ../debian

--
     2. That which causes joy or happiness.