Re: Debian documentation

On Thu, Jun 20, 2002 at 11:03:45AM -0300, Gustavo Noronha Silva wrote:
> Em Wed, 19 Jun 2002 23:27:01 -0700, Osamu Aoki <debian@aokiconsulting.com>
> escreveu:

> > apt-howto-en/
> > apt-howto-es/
> > apt-howto-it/
> > apt-howto-ko/
> > apt-howto-pl/
> > apt-howto-pt-br/
> > apt-howto-ru/
>
> It is important to note that the documents themselves are installed
> in apt-howto/$lang.

Oops.  I should have checked.  So you exactly same as what I do.  Good.

> > DEBIAN/               (All Debian documents such as active DDP documents)
> >  debian-faq/
> >    en/
> >    fr/
> >    es/
> >    it/
> >    ja/
> >    pt_BR/
>
> What if we used the language as the second level hierarchy directory?
>
> Debian/ (as Josip wants it =D)
>     en/
>      apt-howto/
>      debian-reference/
>     pt_BR/
>      apt-howto/
>      pratico/
>
> Easier to collect all documents in an specific language. Harder to
> find all the documents.

I was wondering on this. I intentionally proposed otherwise :)

This makes easier if someone want to create CD with selected locales.
But using apache auto language selection on web page is difficult, I
think.

Maybe we should create additional directory:

 Debian/ (as Josip wants it =D)
   html/
      apt-howto/
         index.en.html       (symlink)
         index.pt-br.html    (,,)

as a solution for the web pages.  As long as there is a consistent policy
and everyone follows it, it shall be easy :)

Better idea?
 Osamu Aoki @ Cupertino CA USA
 See "User's Guide":     http://www.debian.org/doc/manuals/users-guide/
 See "Debian reference": http://www.debian.org/doc/manuals/debian-reference/
 "Debian reference" Project at: http://qref.sf.net

 I welcome your constructive criticisms and corrections.