Requesting addition to the Release Notes (bug #147546)

Hi,

Matt Zimmerman and I are the maintainers of the dhcp-client package.
It has been brought to our attention that the upgrade of the
dhcp-client from Potato to Woody breaks the DHCP client. This was an
oversight on my part and it seems there's nothing we can do about it
now that Woody is in deep freeze other than try to get a note in the
Release Notes about the problem.

The problem (bug #147546) is that the maintainer scripts remove
/etc/init.d/dhcp-client. This is not the correct way to start
dhclient, and /etc/network/interfaces should be used instead. New
installations of Woody are fine, but users upgrading from Potato will
be affected.

Is there a chance to add something about this in the Release Notes,
possibly under "Possible Issues During or After Upgrade"? I didn't
know who to contact about this, but Matt saw in the footer of the
release notes the debian-doc mailing list. If someone working on the
Release Notes contacts us we'd be happy to work on the wording.

Thanks!

Eloy.-