Re: Working on debian developer's reference and "best packaging practices"

Junichi Uekawa <dancer@netfort.gr.jp> writes:

> Adam Di Carlo <adam@onshore-devel.com> cum veritate scripsit:

> > > Agreed ... it fits well within "Debian Best Packaging Practices".
> >
> > Ok, I'll take a look.  Sounds fine to me.
> >
> > Do we want to adapt it to fit into the terminology of the DDR or just
> > cram it into a chapter?
>
> The language is a bit rough.

I would be happy to review the language whenver you like.

> But if it can be crammed into a chapter it would be nice. However, I
> have decided to write the document in docbook, so if DDR is going to
> be in Debiandoc, it needs some conversion.

No, we're going to keep it in Debiandoc-SGML.  I would rather spend
less time on SGML/XML reformatting and more time on the content of the
document.

So -- if you do want to integration libpkg-guide into the devel-ref,
you will need to leave it in debiandoc-sgml please.

> > Junichi, are you able to work on integrating it or should I seek
> > another party for that?
>
> I am hoping to do it myself, if time allows, and it is currently
> looking positive.

Excellent.