Re: Fwd: Re: Progeny Debian Manual Project

On Thu, Apr 04, 2002 at 12:27:09AM -0500, Mark Johnson wrote:
> On Wednesday, April 3, Chris Tillman wrote:
> > Bruce Byfield has put together a team of 10-15 people to work on a new
> > Debian manual based on the Progeny manual, which would address (IMHO)
> > a real need the project has for linux beginner and Debian-newbie
> > documentation. The Progeny manual was GPL'd last month. The current
> > incarnation is at
>
> The posted url had some typos. Here's the fixed version:
>
> 	http://archive.progeny.com/progeny/debian/doc

Thanks

> > The plan is to convert it into an open-source format, it's looking
> > like DocBook ahould be the choice. We'd like to set it up in the
> > Debian cvs area.
> >
> > Is there any objection or feedback?
>
> I think this is a great idea. And sorely needed. I hope the job gets done. And
> it sounds like Bruce has the resources to do it.
>
> If they hit any stumbling blocks, I do know some people who have experience in
> converting framemaker to docbook. Lemme know if I can help.

I think that would be great! I looked around last night on the web and
couldn't come up with anything publically available that would do the job.
That's the first thing that needs to be done, I think it would be a real
advantage to get the smarts from the framemaker version; starting from the
html version would be quite a bit more cumbersome.