Re: Fwd: Re: Progeny Debian Manual Project

On Wednesday, April 3, Chris Tillman wrote:
> Bruce Byfield has put together a team of 10-15 people to work on a new
> Debian manual based on the Progeny manual, which would address (IMHO)
> a real need the project has for linux beginner and Debian-newbie
> documentation. The Progeny manual was GPL'd last month. The current
> incarnation is at

The posted url had some typos. Here's the fixed version:

	http://archive.progeny.com/progeny/debian/doc

> The plan is to convert it into an open-source format, it's looking
> like DocBook ahould be the choice. We'd like to set it up in the
> Debian cvs area.
>
> Is there any objection or feedback?

I think this is a great idea. And sorely needed. I hope the job gets done. And
it sounds like Bruce has the resources to do it.

If they hit any stumbling blocks, I do know some people who have experience in
converting framemaker to docbook. Lemme know if I can help.

Cheers,
Mark