Re: Install and Release Notes minor LaTeX problem

> Hi,
>
>  I am making printouts of the Debian Release Notes and Installation
> Manual. My general course of action is
>
> $ (get newest (potato) boot-floppies from cvs)
> $ cd boot-floppies/documentation
> $ make uni-docs                         => install.en.tex
> $ debiandoc2latex release-notes.sgml    => release-notes.tex
>
>  The resulting LaTeX sources, however, have the "overfull hbox"
> problem, which leads to most of the (rather long) URLs given in the
> document(s) to be cut off. Using /sloppy helps for some, but not all
> cases.
>
>  I suppose this is a problem either with the sgml source or with
> debiandoc2latex (or it is not a problem, but a feature). I could not
> find any hints however at obvious places, nor any open bug for
> doc-debian.
>
>  Maybe someone knows some quick workaround (other than editing the
> source by hand every time), or the LaTeX Source ought to be produced
> some other way?
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> Stephan

The idea I had was to add names for each link, and shorten the names to
".../current/" plus the significant part of the link.

That makes for a little more maintenance down the road, though.

> P.S.: I currently read debian-cd, but not debian-doc. Please CC mails to me.

|  .''`.  | Debian GNU/Linux: <http://www.debian.org>            |
| : :'  : | debian-imac:    <http://debian-imac.sourceforge.net> |
| `. `'`  |      . oo       Chris Tillman                        |
|   `-    |     (   -)      tillman@azstarnet.com                |