Re: Provide PDF/TXT version on the DDP?

On Sun, Nov 04, 2001 at 11:15:42PM +0100, Javier Fernández-Sanguino Peña wrote:
> > Yeah, klecker won't mind building the txts or PDFs, unless they need more
> > tetex-whatever packages installed -- that's going to have to be handled on a
> > case-by-case basis.
>
> 	Well, really, since it's all debaindocsgml it could be done in a
> one-for-all basis..

Yeah, I wish -- but the >8bit documents might need different fonts (or
something like that), ones that the default teTeX doesn't have. For potato,
we even weren't able to build the Japanese Installation manual in PDF
because of something like this.

> > I think the latest maint-guide makefile ought to work fine, we'd just have
> > to add installation of .pdf/.txt files in the publish rule, which is pretty
> > much trivial.
>
> 	I know, I've done it :)
> 	Any problem with mirrors distributing (large?) pdf files?

Not if the sum doesn't exceed a few MB...

--
     2. That which causes joy or happiness.