Re: contributing to Debian (woody?) documentation

Hoi Pim,

On Wed, Oct 24, 2001 at 12:49:05AM +0200, Pim Bliek wrote:

> What can I do?
> - I can write manuals. Doesn't matter what, as long as I find the topic at
> least a little bit interesting. I have some (6 yrs actually, but not a real
> die-hard :-) experience configuring linux as a home-router/firewall f.i.
> - Some spare time (not too much, but enough).
> - Maybe some input to others writing manuals.
> - Translating manuals to Dutch. (if needed).

You could also consider translating .po files to Dutch.
There's a team active on nl@li.org .  Information is
on http://www2.iro.umontreal.ca/~pinard/po/registry.cgi?team=nl .
These .po files are not really a Debian thing, but more a general Free
Software thing.  All Linux and *BSD distro's could benefit from this effort.
Some notes about the idea are in ftp://ftp.nluug.nl/pub/gnu/ABOUT-NLS .

Many Linux HOWTO's have been translated to Dutch, most of them by Ellen
Bokhorst. Of course, a lot still needs to be done.  Information is on
http://nl.linux.org/doc/nlhowto.php .

Some general information about how to help Debian is on
http://www.debian.org/devel/join/ .

Groeten,

Joost

--