Re: Debian intro for UNIX users

> I have introduced several UNIX-savvy friends of mine to Debian, so I drew
on my
> experience and started writing something.  It assumes that the user has
> moderate UNIX skills, and already has an installed Debian system to work
with
> (there is plenty of installation documentation lying about), and tries to
> impart the information necessary to "get things done" in Debian as
quickly as
> possible.

> A table of contents is below, and the work in progress is at
> <http://people.debian.org/~mdz/debian-for-unix-users.html/>.  Feedback is
> appreciated.

Hi Matt-

	Hey, I think the initiative is great. But please, don't be superficial
when you write your System Configuration.
	Most Debian documentation that's listed on <http://www.debian.org/doc/ddp>
suffers from being superficial. Once your past the initial steps, there's
not much else to learn from these documents, especially as towhat concerns
the main differences between Debian and other distros, and advanced system
administation.
	And why wasn't your document linked to the <http://www.debian.org/doc/ddp>
? This seems a little disorganized, doesn't it?

	Regards,
	Henry hzi@uol.com.br