Re: installation instructions

On Fri, Jul 06, 2001 at 11:20:46AM -0700, Andrew T. Young wrote:

> I have a couple of 360MB disk partitions available, but don't want
> to clobber my existing system until I'm sure the new software works.

A couple of thoughts:

First, one would need more information as to how your disks are laid
out to really answer this. From what you say you _will_ need to do a
comlete new install - of the operating system. If you have a /home
partition then you should be able to leave that alone.

Second, you will find a plethora of wisdom as to these matters on
debian-user. This list is a rather low volume affair, intended mostly
for discussion of documentation issues.

Have you looked at the installation pages here?:

http://www.debian.org/doc/ddp

--
Bob Bernstein |    http://www.ruptured-duck.com
at            |           1024D/4A93E562