Re: Corrections to /doc/devel-manuals

On Thu, Apr 12, 2001 at 11:43:10AM +0100, Julian Gilbey wrote:
> Debian Policy Manual:
>
>   CVS sources working copy should say:
>
>   -----
>     Login to the CVS server using the command:
>
>       cvs :pserver:anonymous@cvs.debian.org:/cvs/debian-policy login
>
>     and just press enter when you are asked for a password.
>     To check out the sources, use the command:
>
>       cvs :pserver:anonymous@cvs.debian.org:/cvs/debian-policy co debian-policy
>   -----

You forgot "-d" :) I've changed that.

>   Ideally, the anonymous login shouldn't require a password (note it's
>   using the :pserver: protocol, not :ext:), but there's a problem with
>   the CVS system on klecker at present, so we have to use this
>   method.

Er, an empty password is a problem? All of our anonymous repositories work
like that, I never thought it was a bug, but a feature :)

> Debian Packaging Manual
>
>   This section should be removed entirely for the time being; it's
>   just confusing.

Well, it's no less confusing to see packaging-manual package in the archive
and not have any idea about its status...

> Debian Developer's Reference
>
>   The "Released version" appears to be newer than the "development
>   version" ;-)  (See the dates at the bottom of the pages.)

Hmm, doesn't look like that anymore.