Re: DDP's document licenses

On Fri, Dec 08, 2000 at 11:56:48PM +0100, J.A. Bezemer wrote:
> Anything with a (C) notice and NO explicit license is NOT DSFG-free.
> The release-notes for example have no explicit license, but also no (C);
> I don't know what that would mean for DSFG-freeness.

(C) is irrelevant in any Berne Treaty country (i.e. about any country
that recognizes copyright at all). But there's no need for formality
here - just email the author and ask him to provide a license.

> Most other docs/manuals are GPL2, but some would
> argue that that isn't particularly suited for documentation.

It works, particularly suited or not. If you don't like the license,
then ask the author to change it. No need for formality.

--
David Starner - dstarner98@aasaa.ofe.org
http://dvdeug.dhis.org