Re: Release Notes (Re: Stuff to do before release)

On 12 Aug 2000, Adam Di Carlo wrote:

> "J.A. Bezemer" <costar@panic.et.tudelft.nl> writes:
>
> > I've spent the last ~2 days getting home from my relatively-well-net-connected
> > vacation spot. I didn't have time to examine postings to -doc/-testing and
> > merge them in the release notes (until now I supposed Josip would've been
> > doing that) and I won't have time to do that before your deadline -- which I
> > suppose is in a few hours time. I could possibly give it some attention
> > tomorrow, if you want.
>
> It's ok -- we can do subsequent updates for the web site as well as
> for the 2.2 r1 point release.

Sorry, I didn't make it today. I even hadn't enough time for some ~trivial
fixes to debian-cd which is why I'm staying up far too late. Being in a
volunteer organization has its consequences ;-()  I may have some time again
on monday, but no promises. (And the CD images may have been made then
already, so there doesn't seem to be a big hurry any more.)

> > Besides, while I can commit changes to the release-notes SGML source in the
> > boot-floppies CVS, I'm not able to produce all formats (txt,html,ps,pdf,...)
> > for all arch'es because I not only lack the experience but also the potato box
> > it "has" to be done on. Basically all "someone" would have to do is pull the
> > entire boot-floppies stuff from (anonymous) CVS and issue the proper make
> > commando(s?) -- but don't ask me which one(s). Anyone from -boot more info on
> > that?
>
> >From CVS sources, do:
>
>   'make all-arch-all-lang-relnotes'
>
> I spend some hours late last night fixing that so it works.

Excellent!

> I'm taking care of donig the builds for AJ and for the web site.  So
> don't worry too much about that but of course it's better if you run
> that just to make sure all the SGML is valid.
>
> In short, please just focus on making the content changes; can I leave
> that to you so I can focus on closing installation manual bugs?

I'll give it a try. But if anyone thinks he could do better/faster, please do
-- it's in CVS for a reason ;-)

Regards,
  Anne Bezemer