Re: Release Notes (Re: Stuff to do before release)

"J.A. Bezemer" <costar@panic.et.tudelft.nl> writes:

> I've spent the last ~2 days getting home from my relatively-well-net-connected
> vacation spot. I didn't have time to examine postings to -doc/-testing and
> merge them in the release notes (until now I supposed Josip would've been
> doing that) and I won't have time to do that before your deadline -- which I
> suppose is in a few hours time. I could possibly give it some attention
> tomorrow, if you want.

It's ok -- we can do subsequent updates for the web site as well as
for the 2.2 r1 point release.

> Besides, while I can commit changes to the release-notes SGML source in the
> boot-floppies CVS, I'm not able to produce all formats (txt,html,ps,pdf,...)
> for all arch'es because I not only lack the experience but also the potato box
> it "has" to be done on. Basically all "someone" would have to do is pull the
> entire boot-floppies stuff from (anonymous) CVS and issue the proper make
> commando(s?) -- but don't ask me which one(s). Anyone from -boot more info on
> that?

>From CVS sources, do:

  'make all-arch-all-lang-relnotes'

I spend some hours late last night fixing that so it works.

I'm taking care of donig the builds for AJ and for the web site.  So
don't worry too much about that but of course it's better if you run
that just to make sure all the SGML is valid.

In short, please just focus on making the content changes; can I leave
that to you so I can focus on closing installation manual bugs?