Building i18ned docs

I've just noticed this list is probably better to post such things then
debian-boot. Please forgive me.

regards
Marcin

--
+--------------------------------+ The reason we come up with new versions
|Marcin Owsiany                  | is not to fix bugs. It's the stupidest
|porridge@pandora.info.bielsko.pl| reason to buy a new version
+--------------------------------+ I ever heard.            - Bill Gates
--- Begin Message ---
I have just finished translating release-notes to Polish and tried to build
the docs. Here are some things that are not clear to me:

 - how can I make Polish docs visible at the web site? Do I need to provide
them myself, or will they be made by appropiate person/cron script? If they
will be made with all the other docs, then we need patched version of
debiandoc-sgml in potato, don't we? If so, then should I file an RC bug
against it?

 - what about index.en.html.m4 ?

First of all documentation/Makefile there is

TARGETDOCS := index.en.html
[...]

And the rule for index begins with

index$(DESTEXT).html: index$(DESTEXT).html.m4; m4 \
[...]

Which causes:

make uni-docs
make -C documentation all KVER="2.2.17" ALTKVER="" utillinux=""
	amigafdisk="" atarifdisk="" macfdisk="" pmacfdiskcross=""
make[1]: Entering directory [...]/documentation'
make[1]: *** No rule to make target `index.en.html', needed by `all'.
Stop.

when lingua is set to pl

So either index.en.html should be translated and TARGETDOCS definition
should contain index$(DESTEXT).html, or there should not be such thing as
"index$(DESTEXT).html" at all in the Makefile.

Marcin

--
+--------------------------------+ The reason we come up with new versions
|Marcin Owsiany                  | is not to fix bugs. It's the stupidest
|porridge@pandora.info.bielsko.pl| reason to buy a new version

--- End Message ---