Re: translators for dpkg and dselect wanted - Polish

On Mon, 25 Oct 1999, Wichert Akkerman wrote:
> > Is there an ongoing effort to make Polish translation of these tools?
> > If not, then please give me some directions where to start..
>
> There is probably a GNU effort for Polish, but I'm not aware of anyone
> working on a Polish translation for dpkg.

I have almost translated dpkg.po for Polish.

I've noticed dselect help messages weren't translated, yet.
methods/ directory also should be translated. I think the best
solution is to make another disk.desc.mounted.<lang> file.
More problematic are *.install and *.setup files but the perl
scripts could be gettextised.

--

Piotr "Dexter" Roszatycki
mailto:dexter@fnet.pl