Re: Licences for documentation

On Monday 15 November 1999, at 9 h 42, the keyboard of Joey Hess
<joeyh@debian.org> wrote:

> > documentation (not software). There is apparently no Debian policy on that
> > subject, apart from the fact that DDP documents must be DFSG-free.
>
> This is debatable. Some people, like me don't recall us ever deciding to
> weaken our stance on freedom by allowing non-free documentation into debian.

I don't understand you. I precisely said that the Debian Documentation Project mandates free (DFSG-free) documentations? <http://www.debian.org/~elphick/ddp/docpolicy.html>

Or do you refer to non-DDP documentations? In that case, we have no choice, they have the licence of upstream. We package them, possibly in non-free, that's all.