Re: Update AIC7xxx info on slink release page

> On Thu, Sep 02, 1999 at 04:41:24PM -0500, Mike Jenkins wrote:
> > The slink release page (http://www.debian.org/releases/slink/) needs
> > updating for the proper location of the floppies to support AIC7xxx
> > SCSI controllers (Adaptec 2940).  The location (found in the FAQ-O-MATIC
> > and in the mailing list archives) is:
> >
> > 	http://www.debian.org/~adric/aic7xxx/
> >
> > I used the ftp://kalle.csb.ki.se/pub/ rescue disk to install and it
> > worked fine.  The site confused me a bit because it had a rescue disk
> > but no drivers disk.  The new location has both disks.

Well, the instructions on the web page are not wrong.  I've added a
sentance to there talking about how you need the drivers floppy also.

I've also added a link to Adric's area -- I would have added this
earlier but I didn't know about it.  Adric, do you think you could put
the kernel .config file there as well?  This would be generally
helpful to people tracking down other problems in the future...

"Gregory T. Norris" <haphazard@socket.net> writes:

> I wouldn't have any problem if my disk-images got linked from the main
> pages, as I fully intend to keep them updated for as long as there's a
> need.  They're not official Debian disksets tho, so they'd need to be
> flagged as unofficial... still, quite a few people have indicated that
> they work.

The references are found in the "unofficial updates" section of the
releases/slink/ web page.  But even so, I've added some more text
talking about thow that stuff is not officially supported.

[ Note: web pages may take a day or so to get updated ]