Re: The index-diff... was: Re: index in debiandoc?!

Adam Di Carlo wrote:

> Michael Bramer <grisu@debian.org> writes:
>
> > On Wed, Aug 04, 1999 at 05:01:20AM +0200, Michael Bramer wrote:
> > > I work a little with debiandoc and I nned index support.
> > >
> > > With latex is index a nice and a easy thing. Have someone work on this?
> > > If not, I try to add index support, but only for the latex-output.
> > > (not html, this perl-script must write another)
> > >
> > > Commnets?
> >
> > No comments?
> >
> > ok. I make the patch:
>
> Wow, Michael.  Way to go.  Could you submit that to the debiandoc-sgml
> maintainer?  He's away on business travel I think but he's very
> responsive, generally.

(Actually I'm on vacation now in the SF area, but I keep reading email.)

The patch is more than welcome.  When I'm back from vacation I'll look
into index support for the other formats.  We may end up with a little
different index support (I'm currently thinking about providing it in
a way similar to Texinfo, i.e. support several indices), but I'll come
back on that with a more worked out proposal.

Thanks,
Ardo
begin:vcard
n:van Rangelrooij;Ardo
x-mozilla-html:TRUE
org:Lucent Technologies Nederland BV;5E Core Software Development
version:2.1
email;internet:arangelrooij@lucent.com
title:software developer
x-mozilla-cpt:;-16768