Re: [New maintainer] Working for Debian is not just about packages

Oliver,

	Today seems to be my day for misreading things. Once you pointed
it out, I reread your message and was amazed that I read "These days" as
"three days" repeatedly.

	Anyway...

	As I read your description, the job really entails three parts :
infrasture maintenance, coordination (aka "gently chasing"), and keeping
track of what goes on outside Debian so that one has a good idea of what
"Existing docs need to be packaged".

	At the moment, I dont know anything about CVS, so that is
something I'd have to read up on before I can start maintaining the CVS
infrastructure.

	As for the last one, I do read debian-devel, debian-user (a quick
glance), debian-boot, linux-newbie, and linux-kernel (a quick glance). So
I think I am pretty much plugged in. If you dont think so, let me know.
But I would like to know (as an example), what are some of the existing
docs that havent been packaged as yet. I was under the impression that the
Debian developers have been doing a pretty good job of documentation with
the packages.

	And as for the present time, is there some work I can offload from
you right now?

Regards,
Jor-el

PS. I have some questions on the LDP and the DDP. But I'll start a new
thread for that.

A successful [software] tool is one that was used to do something
undreamed of by its author.
		-- S. C. Johnson