Re: Start work on adding spanish translations to the DPP

On Thu, May 20, 1999 at 11:58:19PM -0400, Adam Di Carlo wrote:
> Javier Fdz-Sanguino Pen~a <jfs@ieeesb.etsit.upm.es> writes:
(...)

> I utterly agree.  I think the best way is having the translated
> manuals either in the same directory the translation, or in a
> subdirectory.

	I think the same.

> Unfortunately, we don't have anyone stepping forward to take
> leadership of the coordination and policies for the DDP.  Right now,
> things are languishing.  I simply don't have time to do it...

	Well, I think the DDP is not just you, that's why I mailed
debian-doc.  :)

(...)

> Anyhow, if you need more help, just contact me directly.  From what
> I've heard, there are others already working on the ES translation of
> the boot-floppies documentation.

	Yes I know them :) They are coordinated by Enrique Zanardi. However,
how is this integrated with the DDP? Is there an information exchange from
the boot-floppies source to the DDP?

> > 	Well... any thoughts before I ask for CVS update password in the DDP
> > and start doing things there?
>
> Help us find a DDP leader?  Volunteer for the post?  I think it'd be a
> good move to have a non-English-centric DDP leader.

	I should not have opened my big mouth :)

> (I figure it will be maybe 20-40 hours to get the policies debated,
> written and in place, then maybe 2-3 hours/week).
>
> --
> .....Adam Di Carlo....adam@onShore.com.....<URL:http://www.onShore.com/>

	The problem is, I can be part time in July and August, but I will be
away three months starting in September (posibly w/o Internet access). I
would gladly take the post, however, there are people more knowledgeable
than myself regarding the DDP's work.
	I can contribute some work, but I feel I am not enough qualified nor
have the time to make the changes expected.

	Best regards

	Javi