Re: dbootstrap

>>>>> "Jor-el" == Jor-el  <jorel@ibm.net> writes:

Jor-el> Hi, Chapter 7 of the 'Installing Debian GNU/Linux' document
Jor-el> talks about the install program dbootstrap. I have looked
Jor-el> through the package files, and the CD's but have been unable
Jor-el> to locate anything referencing dbootstrap. Does this program
Jor-el> really exist, or has it been replaced by something else, or am
Jor-el> I looking in the wrong place?

Well, yes, it exists, in root.bin on the rescue disk.  If you don't
believe me, try 'ps' in the tty2 shell when running off the rescue
disk.

In slink, the source can be found in /usr/src/boot-floppies/dinstall.
It used to be called dinstall.  We didn't bother changing the cvs
source directory until recently, in the slink forked version of the
boot-floppies sources.