Re: what will be on the web

On Thu, Mar 18, 1999 at 03:55:22PM -0500, Havoc Pennington wrote:
> > I presume you're the maintainer (haven't read the document in
> > while). The reason why I wanted it in DDP tree, is purely technical,
> > and for convenience sake - as you may have noticed, we are trying
> > to put some documents from the sources to the web pages, and having
> > tutorial in the same directory with same (well, not same but alike)
> > Makefile makes it easier. However, it is possible to handle it even
> > if it's not in the same branch.
> > Also, if tutorial was in the DDP tree it would feel more integrated.
> > Well, at least to me it would, since we already have FAQ in the DDP
> > tree and tutorial would round it up.
>
> Makes sense. If you do this be sure the new Makefile includes equivalent
> targets as my current one (in particular the DOS text target).

I haven't had a chance to look at it - but I think all needed changes
are just adjusting the rules' names and making sure that they follow
some defined variables (such as $PUBLISHDIR). If you have any additional
rules (the dos text target?) they can remain (and they can be reintegrated).

> > AFAIK, DDP CVS tree is readable and writable by any Debian developer.
> > I hope you don't have a problem with that - and I think we can assure
> > you noone will write anything in it without considering maintainer's
> > (your) opinion.
>
> No problem with that.

Very good.

> > I don't want you to feel anyone forced you to move it, especially
> > because reasons are purely political and aesthetic.
>
> I'm in favor of the move, as long as I don't have to figure out how to
> do it. :-)

Maintainers should have the technical info about what would it take
to do it. At worst, we can just make a new subdir and commit the current
checkouted tutorial to it, but there should be a cleaner solution. Adam?