Re: bad link in the installation manual?

In message <[🔎] 19990316022955.D776@debian.org> you wrote:
>Yes. Hopefully the process of releasing new versions is automated enough
>that there is no reason not to make frequent releases.

Well, if you mean the process of releasing new versions of boot-floppies,
lets just say it's not nearly as easy as it should be.  I can actually
build the whole thing (given a 20MB slice of the debian archive)
for x86, *excepting* the tecra kernels!  The tecra kernels are not
officially part of the distribution so I have no good way to build them.

Porters have similar problems; for instance, the patched kernel 2.2.1 for
the Debian/sparc Sun4u architectures is also not available anywhere.

This is a critical issue for me -- it really must be resolved for potato.
Just venting... but we should be able to find a way to ship the all
the kernels for all the arches in an efficient manner.