SGMLtools and the Debian tutorial

Hi,

I would like to put some documents in SGML and decided to try converting
the Debian tutorial at http://www.debian.org/~hp/tutorial/debian-tutorial.sgml
as an example.  Well it did not go so well.

Going by the document at http://www.us.sgmltools.org/guide/guide-4.html, I
tried:

bash-2.01$ sgml2html debian-tutorial.sgml
Processing file debian-tutorial.sgml
parse_data: no entity map for `'
parse_data: no entity map for `$'
parse_data: no entity map for `>'
parse_data: no entity map for `<'
parse_data: no entity map for `&'
/usr/bin/sgmlsasp: can't open
`/usr/lib/sgml-tools/dist/debiandoc/html/mapping': No such file or
directory
bash-2.01$ sgml2html example.sgml
Processing file example.sgml
bash-2.01$

As you see the example file worked and the tutorial didn't.  I am running
the frozen dist.  What's wrong?

I have yet to see an SGML example that has images or tables, can someone
please point some out?

Any additional pointers suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Chuck