Re: translations of install.html

On Mon, Feb 01, 1999 at 02:03:11PM +0100, Philipp Frauenfelder wrote:

> [ please cc me on replies, I'm not subscribed to debian-doc
> (yet?) ]
>
> Hi,
>
> > If you would like to translate the install doc for slink, please send
> > mail to debian-doc. The sgml may not be set up for internationalization
> > yet, but translations should get started now so they are ready in time
> > for the release of slink.
>
> I would volunteer for the translation to german. Perhaps more
> than one person is needed.

You should talk to Adam di Carlo <apharris@burrito.onshore.com>
He is currenlty maintaining the install doc.

> > Also, I believe there is work being done to internationalize the install
> > disks. It would be appreciated if someone could find out what the story
> > is. If they are set up for i18n, then people will need to get working on
> > that now also.

They are ready for i18n for latin-1 languages. More or less ready for
latin-2 and latin-3. They have been translated to a few languages (es,
de, fr, hr, cz, sk...) but some translations have to be updated.
I'm not building translated floppies (yet).Probably I'll do that for
2.1.7.

	Thanks,
--
Enrique Zanardi					   ezanardi@ull.es