Re: documentation which is now officially listed as 'stalled'

In article <199811150800.IAA20706@linda.lfix.co.uk>, "Oliver Elphick" <olly@lfix.co.uk> writes:
> Adam Di Carlo wrote:
>> I feel that a DDP (and <URL:http://www.debian.org/devel/>, while
>> we're at it) which is permeated with stale documents not so marked
>> gives the whole DDP the appearance of turpitude and staleness.
>>
>> Also, for documentation which is actually not maintained via DDP,
>> I've fixed or disabled the linkages and removed it from the
>> autobuild system.

> Thank you, Adam.  That is a job that has long needed doing.

Speaking of which, I fixed the autobuild system and shoved in
makefiles for all the non-dead document directories under
manuals.sgml, as you may have noticied.  BTW, the standard.makefile is
used unchanged for all of them!

BTW, if anyone's curious, I also changed the manuals.sgml autobuild
system so that (theoretically) you can install HTML versions of the
manuals *anywhere* you want.  It allows you to override PUBLISHDIR in
the individual document directories.  Not tested!

>> Alright, here's the list of packages I so marked as stalled.
>> * Debian Tips --- we should just reap this one; it's not going to
>> happen.  I mean, shouldn't it be part of the admin or user's manual
>> or FAQ anyhow?

> Tips are provided by the FAQ-O-MATIC.  However, I understand that
> the FAQ-O-MATIC can only be accessed online.  Can its new maintainer
> consider extracting the various data and publishing them as a
> package for those whose net access is expensive?

Hmm.  The cvs package, upstream, comes with dumps from a FAQ-O-Matic,
I think.  So it can be done.