Re^2: Debian Metadata Proposal -- draft rev.1.4

Am 07.07.98 schrieb apharris # burrito.onshore.com ...

Moin Adam!

APH> One curious issue is the language, for, say content negotiated web
APH> pages.  Thoughts?

Yes, locally we will no use them. For URLs to for example www.debian.org
we could have several entries like for a translated document:

Identifier: http://www.debian.org
Language: en
Title: Debian page

Identifier: http://www.de.debian.org
Language: de
Titlte: Debian Seite
IsRelatedTo: http://www.debian.org

APH> Not marked up at all, although it could be indicated as charset in the
APH> format field.  Do we need to encode the charset?

No, every language should be allowed to use only one know charset. In a
lot of cases it#s not possible to show several different char sets on one
page.

This will be a real problem for dhelp. You can I display the description
of English and Chinese documents on one page? Does anyone has experiences
with that?

cu, Marco

--
Uni: Budde@tu-harburg.de           Fido: 2:240/5202.15