Re: System Administrator manual, active

On Mon, Nov 23, 1998 at 12:37:00AM -0500, Adam Di Carlo wrote:
> "Tapio" == Tapio Lehtonen <Tapio.Lehtonen@IKI.FI> writes:
> > Hello, This is just to make known that I am actively writing the
> > System Adminsitrator manual. Chapter about time is about ready, and
> > I'm currently writing the chapter about backups.
>
> > If nobody else starts writing the other chapters, I suppose I will
> > eventually write them all. But that takes a long time.
>
> > I hope those things I write prove to be useful.
>
> Do you have comments on our recent discussion about how DDP should
> integrate better with LDP?
>
> --
> .....Adam Di Carlo....adam@onShore.com.....<URL:http://www.onShore.com/>

I had not thought very much how DDP relates to LDP, but I did read
some of the discussion and I admit it is not a good situation where
DDP lives separately from LDP. This is especially true since writers
of DDP manuals seem to be so scarce.

I have not read the LDP manuals lately, except some HOWTO's when I
have had problems. I think I should read those, especially the one
Lars Wirzenius is writing. I know Wirzenius somewhat, so we could
discuss things.

On the other hand, perhaps we should decide the Debian docs are
specific to Debian GNU/Linux, and LDP is required reading. This way
DDP manuals could be short and to the point, and specific to Debian.

--
Tapio Lehtonen
Tapio.Lehtonen@IKI.FI