Re^6: Debian Metadata Proposal -- draft rev.1.4

Am 09.07.98 schrieb apharris # burrito.onshore.com ...

Moin Adam!

APH> Well, metadata needs to point to the resource it describes.  There's

You could solve this problem by including the metadata in the document
itself.

APH> Agreed.  The best example of overcomplex W3 standards I think is DOM.

I#ve downloaded the URN description yesterday. I don#t think that this
could help us. There proposal looks like a mixture of a DNS for the WWW
and apache#s rewrite feature.

For both ways of URN you need a server (httpd or dns) and network access.
For a local system this is useless.

APH> Maybe our validator routine for pkg maintainers could check for this
APH> case.

Another important thing, a translation should always use the same Subject
line as the original.

APH> the system.  Why do we need to be have a objectID on a bit of
APH> metadata?  If a display system needs one, it could generate it on it's
APH> own, i.e., a random number.

We need it for the translated or auto-converted documents.

cu, Marco

--
Uni: Budde@tu-harburg.de           Fido: 2:240/5202.15
Mailbox: mbudde@hqsys.antar.com    http://www.tu-harburg.de/~semb2204/