Re: markup language for tutorial

I didn't really address this whole mail.

On Fri, 10 Jul 1998 Marcus.Brinkmann@ruhr-uni-bochum.de wrote:
> If you ask me, I think the RMS is on the wrong path with texinfo.
> SGML is the whisper of the future. Maybe you want to ask him if they
> dont want to donate a texinfo backend to jade dsssl engine?

How much work is involved here? I see the existing DSSSL source for other
formats is around 9000 lines according to wc. Is this something likely to
happen if there's interest, or a huge pain they'd have to pay someone to
do?

> However, I dont know how texinfo looks like. If it uses standard
> markup, you may come around using a small converter, but it will
> never be optimal.

Yeah, that sounds yucky.

There's no good solution really. A new dsssl backend would be ideal, but
I'm certainly not going to write it.

Thanks for the info.

Havoc