Re: Debian User's Manual

On Sat, 4 Jul 1998, Craig Sawyer wrote:

> Hey, I heard my name :)

Hi Craig. :-)

> 	Havoc, is there something wrong with the happy CVS server?  I
> believe that the tutorial, and all document stuff belongs on one machine,
> and preferably on a .debian.org machine somewhere, but until then I can
> continue to donate what little cpu/bandwidth I have access too for the
> documentation project.

I've just gotten things set up on cvs.debian.org. We need to merge your
latest additions with the new repository.

I couldn't access the happy server for a long time; I'm not sure what was
wrong. CVS can be flaky in my experience.

> the documents we currently have out there that are out of date.  Do we
> have full support from the rest of the debian team?  Seems to me we are
> somewhat orphaned from the rest of the Debian project..

There's been a lot of great support recently; I think now that 2.0 is out
the door, people have room to breathe. So we can try to finish the
tutorial for 2.1. I spent a good bit of time on it yesterday.

You can see the new tutorial home page with all the different versions to
download at www.debian.org/~hp/debian-tutorial.html. This is a temporary
thing until a DDP system for web publication is implemented. It works
pretty well though, I just update and make to put up the latest version.

Maybe you can send along a diff between your latest copy and the copy now
on the web page; I'll resolve the conflicts. Send a crypted passwd too if
you want.

Havoc