Re: Programming Tutorial

On 28 Jun 1998, Manoj Srivastava wrote:

> 	Please look at the following README, and see if you can use
>  the information about how to compile the kernel image into a .deb
>  file for the tutorial. Actually, there are two documents embedded
>  within: the rationale for using kernel-package, and instructions for
>  compilation.

Yes, definitely useful. I always use kernel-package - I have to admit that
I don't even know how to compile the kernel without it, though presumably
it's not hard I've never had a need to learn.

IMO the kernel compilation chapter should be separate from the programming
chapter, because it's possible to use make-kpkg with no knowledge of
or interest in programming.

Havoc