response from RMS

And a long one it was - 30K of comments on the first half of the tutorial!
Yikes. Mostly they are very good comments though, and it will take me a
while to fix all the stuff he mentioned.

I won't forward the whole thing; here's the part on whether we should work
together on the FSF's book:

---begin RMS
Please forgive me for taking so long to get back to you.
Reading text carefully to critique it is a lot of work.

Judging from your table of contents, the tutorial and the GNU/Linux
Cookbook cover mostly different topics.  You're trying to write about
how to run and use the system; the GNU/Linux Cookbook is mainly about
how to use applications on it.  So your project can't help do the
GNU/Linux Cookbook, but it is useful as what it is.

(I'm assuming that I can tell which topics you want to cover by the
set of section headers, and that the sections which you have not yet
written are present only as headers.)
---end RMS