Re: off-topic: cvs branching, and me being late

On Sat, May 02, 1998 at 03:56:58PM -0400, Adam P. Harris wrote:

> I'm going to move my cvs repository to cvs.debian.org, but I'm a
> little concerned about the branching issue.  I'd like to ship Marcus'
> and my new documentation with the package; but it should be destined
> for slink-only.  Therefore I need to branch so I can continue to
> support the hamm version.

Ok, please add me to the cvs with writing permission, if you didn't already
so. I'm not sure how much time I need to get some stuff ready... I'm feeling
sorry about it, but university is putting a lot of pressure on me, and my
packages are not in a good shape yet. My priority is packages first, then
docs.

> Just feeling worried and swamped right now.  Sorry I haven't come up
> with the docreg format; I'm going to work on that now.  I've been
> dealing with *tons* of stuff to do at work and also crippling bugs in
> jade and bugs in mh.  I guess my priority has been to get my packages
> in shape for the freeze more than this preparation for slink, although
> I feel bad because I can see that Marcus is struggling a bit by not
> having the documented docreg format out.

No, this is not the reason. I can use whatever format I like, and can do a
bit magic with sed to get it converted to docreg. Don't worry about me. I
don't have real time at the moment, what is the real reason. I feel also
sorry about Christians decision, which is unrelated to my sloppiness, but is
affecting my overall motivation a bit...

> Anyhow, I'm going to try to rip thru a version today; it's going to be
> raw, but I want to start discussion on the actual fields rather htan
> try to make a polished document.

Ok, we have some time, I would think. It seems that hamm will not be
released until end of May, maybe even later... Brians list of critical bugs
is very long...

Thank you for your work, Adam. Stay tuned!
Marcus