Re: Documents vs. Sections

On Mon, 20 Apr 1998, Marcus Brinkmann wrote:

> I think the best way to provide sections with doc-base is to include
> them in some sort of a registration file:
>
> Section: /instadm/hardware/laptop
> Title: Laptops
> Abstract: Linux has native support for hardware usually found in laptops,
> like PCMCIA and APM.

It'd be really nice if this all worked with the Gnome help browser, since
Gnome is supposed to be the Debian desktop eventually. Maybe you could
talk to the Red Hat guys doing the help browser (www.labs.redhat.com)
and come up with a common scheme for this kind of indexing? Or just use
html and then it'd work with any web browser?

Also, I didn't see a place for something like the Debian Tutorial in your
doc hierarchy. It tries to present an overview of the whole thing, really.
Maybe add a section for that?

Apologies if either of these things have been discussed, I'm a little
behind on the list.

Havoc Pennington
http://pobox.com/~hp