Re: debiandoc-sgml wants to go international

On Mon, Mar 02, 1998 at 10:24:54PM +0100, Ardo van Rangelrooij wrote:
> Hi!
>
> Just as dhelp did a few days ago, debiandoc-sgml needs *your* help to
> be able to go international :-).

I speak some German ;)

> If your native language is not English or Dutch, would you please be
> so kind to send me translations of the following (please use uuencode):

uh, sorry, I'm lazy. I will just write it in here. I will write "a, "u and
"o for umlaute, and "s for ß, a strange german character (if I need it).

Note that spelling will change in Germany. Fu"snote may become Fussnote, but
I am not sure. Just use Fu"snote.

About Abstract: It can mean Zusammenfassung or Abri"s if it is in the
context of a book. I don't know what the difference is between the both
forms you have below. I assume you can use the same term in both cases.

> ## ----------------------------------------------------------------------
> ## please translate the second column
> ## ----------------------------------------------------------------------
> %lang = (
> 	 'Copyright Notice' => 'Copyright Hinweis',
> 	 'Copyright'        => 'Copyright',
> 	 'Abstract'         => 'Zusammenfassung',
> 	 'abstract'         => '?(see above)',
> 	 'toc'              => "Inhaltsverzeichnis\n",
> 	 'Contents'         => 'Inhalt',
> 	 'next'             => 'Weiter',
> 	 'back'             => 'Zur"uck',
> 	 'footnotes'        => 'Fu"snote',
> 	 'chapter'          => 'Kapitel'
> 	 );
>
> Although I probably could do German and French myself, I rather have
> the opinion of an expert.

Tell me if it is what you want.

Marcus