Re: Ignoramus' Guide to Deb-Make

Hi,

	This is a religious war, I think. There are a number of people
 who support Christian and debmake (and other tools of that ilk). And
 on the other side there are people like Igor and myself who prefer
 not to use them.

	Personally, I think the tools are fine for getting started, of
 for very simple packages; and I think (this is opinion), that as one
 gets to be more experienced as a developer, one realizes that there
 ain't any such thing as a free lunch, and the cost of the simplicity
 is worse than doing everything explicitly.

	But you can't convince either side with mere words ;-) Maybe
 this contention should merely be documented and left alone?

	manoj
--
 "IBM uses what I like to call the 'hole-in-the-ground technique' to
 destroy the competition..... IBM digs a big HOLE in the ground and