Re: SPARC & Debian

On Mon, Jan 27, 2003 at 11:01:18AM -0500, Bau, Flavien wrote:
> Hello, and great thanks for your great version of Linux !!!
>

> I have a bunch of Sun Sparc server, and I need to use them for mission
> critical applications because I have no a lot of budget to buy new hardware.
>

> I' m looking for the best distribution for this architecture. The one which
> is most likely to stay, and which will evolve.

Debian is going to be around for a looong time. As far as evolving,
that depends on its users (to report problems and work with packagers
towards solutions) and the interest of the 1000+ volunteers who
maintain it. So, your participation is part of the answer.

> Do you plan to release you next version, with kernel 2.6 on SPARC
> architecture.

Please address this question to the debian-sparc list.

-- Lawrence Bernstein, Discover, Feb 2003