Re: Requesting help with the t64 transition

Hi,

On Tue, 2024-03-05 at 09:56 +0100, John Paul Adrian Glaubitz wrote:
> I would like to ask for help with the t64 transition for m68k, powerpc and
> sh4 because it's getting too much for me alone and I'm really exhausted.
>
> I have build many packages for powerpc already and some for m68k and sh4,
> but I'm not there yet. The progress with powerpc is the furthest, but perl
> is still uninstallable and I don't really understand why because cudf does
> not produce any useful output.

Some update. I have managed to get powerpc back to the state where the devscripts
and build-essential packages can be installed. However, I had to update the chroots
on the buildds manually as debbootstrap currently fails due to left-over perl-modules
package.

debbootstrap first downloads perl-modules-5.38_5.38.2-3_all.deb, then later tries
to install perl_5.38.2-3.2_powerpc.deb which causes dpkg to bail out. It can be
reproduced with:

# debootstrap --no-check-gpg --arch=powerpc --variant=buildd \
  --include=debian-ports-archive-keyring unstable sid-powerpc-sbuild \
  http://ftp.ports.debian.org/debian-ports

Thus, we need to get rid of perl-modules-5.38_5.38.2-3_all.deb from the repositories
in order to be able to create fresh chroots with debbootstrap again. Since packages
in Debian Ports are directly synced from the main repos for arch:all, this needs to
be done by the FTP masters.

For m68k and sh4, I managed to build perl and pam so that all Perl packages are rebuilding
for now. Thorsten Glaser is kindly helping me with the transition on m68k.

Adrian

--
 .''`.  John Paul Adrian Glaubitz
: :' :  Debian Developer