Re: Run Debian packaging tasks remotely with debusine.debian.net

On Fri, Mar 08, 2024 at 10:21:30AM +0100, Andreas Tille wrote:
> Am Thu, Mar 07, 2024 at 05:06:48PM +0000 schrieb Colin Watson:
> > While for the moment Debusine may seem like a less polished version of
> > Salsa CI, it has very different goals,
>
> Speaking about Salsa CI:  I would like to do what Enrico mentioned to
> somehow re-run building some Salsa commit using sbuild and (optionally)
> the autopkgtest on the result.

We don't have direct support for building from git yet.  Ian asked about
that in Cambridge, and it's certainly a good idea though not currently
in the funded plan - Raphaël gave a more detailed response starting from
around 30:27 in the mini-DebConf video.

However, you can always build a source package from the commit in
question, upload it to debusine, then start creating work requests from
there.

(This will become more interesting once we have collections and
workflows properly in place; that will allow doing things like running
autopkgtests of all the reverse-dependencies of a change you're
experimenting with.)

> >   https://freexian-team.pages.debian.net/debusine/tutorials/getting-started-with-debusine.html
>
> This doc brought me just to creating the chroot.

It goes on to describe "debusine import-debian-artifact", which you can
use to upload packages to debusine, and "debusine create-work-request
sbuild" based on a chroot you've created.

We're definitely still at the stage where you have to poke around quite
a bit to figure out exactly how to submit jobs, though.

Thanks,

--
Colin Watson (he/him)                              [cjwatson@debian.org]