Re: 64-bit time_t: updated archive analysis, proposed transition plan with timeline

    >> At one level, krb5-multidev only has an rdep of 5, but I suspect
    >> the rdep count for libkrb5-dev is somewhat larger:-) I don't know
    >> how many packages would be removed from the transition if we
    >> decide most of the krb5 libraries do not need to transition.

    Steve> If we determined only libkdb5-10 and libgssrpc4 were
    Steve> affected, that does significantly reduce the number of
    Steve> packages needing to be rebuilt because of krb5, though maybe
    Steve> most of those packages also depend on other libraries that
    Steve> are transitioning.

I confirm libgssrpc is also affected.
(It would be nice to get rid of libgssrpc entirely and just use the
system tli-rpc).
My bad; I was so focused on time_t I forgot about timeval.

However, I do think that we're limited only to libkdb5-10 and
libgssrpc4.
I would prefer not to change the abi of the other libraries, especially
libkrb5, libk5crypto3 and libgssapi-krb5-2.

What can I do to help facilitate that?

--Sam