Re: finally end single-person maintainership

On Tue, 2024-04-09 at 20:51 +0200, Gioele Barabucci wrote:

> Salsa is a forge, i.e. a combination of a Web interface, a git
> server,
> and a set of integrated features. In comparison to dgit, salsa has,
> like
> most forges:
>
> [....]

Also its a gitlab instance. There are all kinds of documentation,
tutorials, videos and software for/about gitlab, including lots of
beginner friendly options. There is a whole ecosystem around gitlab, it
does not depend on a few (two?) developers.

dgit is an overly complex niche software that should never ever become
a default. We should make it easier for new contributors, not harder.