Re: Salsa - best thing in Debian in recent years? (Re: finally end single-person maintainership)

Thanks for reply Jonas,

> > You could go to
> > https://salsa.debian.org/debbugs-team/debbugs/-/merge_requests/19 and
> > conduct a code review?
> >
> > You might discover that GitLab is useful and is not duplicating
> > Debbugs or anything else in Debian - it is currently the only platform
> > to conduct code reviews on in a way that has automatic testing and
> > comment-response-resolved -tracking. Doing code reviews patches
> > attached in email does not have that.
> >
> > If you try it out, and still think Salsa is bad for Debian, then I am
> > more willing to accept your stanze.
>
> But it *is* duplicating Debbugs: None of your valuable contributions
> posted as part of your code review appears on Debbugs.

Actually some of them are in Debbugs as patches, but hard to find as
there are 200+ open bugs.
However, the bugs.debian.org system does not offer code testing or
review facilitation.

Again, I invite you to test out
https://salsa.debian.org/debbugs-team/debbugs/-/merge_requests/19 for
_code review_ for the same reason I stated above.