Re: How to ask efficiently for removal of 32 bit architectures of about 40 packages (Was: reverse dependenc)

On Mon, Mar 11, 2024 at 09:12:30PM +0100, Andreas Tille wrote:
> I hope there is some better solution than sending single bug reports
> for those packages.  If ftpmaster tooling really needs single bug
> reports I wonder how I can automatically create such bug reports with
> always the same text, just targeting at different binary packages.
>
> This also should include some means to work around the less than 5
> bug reports per hour SPAM protection means of BTS.

foo="bin1
bin2
bin3"

$file=/some/path/to/bugreport_without_package_line.txt
tmpfile=$(mktemp)

for package in $foo ; do
	( echo "package: $package" ;
	  cat $file ) > $tmpfile
	do mutt -s "RM: remove $package" -i tmpfile $package
	sleep 15m
done
rm $tmpfile

with 40 packages this is just a 10h running script ;)

--
cheers,
	Holger

 ⢀⣴⠾⠻⢶⣦⠀
 ⣾⠁⢠⠒⠀⣿⡁  holger@(debian|reproducible-builds|layer-acht).org
 ⢿⡄⠘⠷⠚⠋⠀  OpenPGP: B8BF54137B09D35CF026FE9D 091AB856069AAA1C
 ⠈⠳⣄

If you’re going through hell, keep going!