Re: Debtags: understanding the heuristics of "Checks and hints" in the online editor

On Fri, 2024-01-19 at 18:24 +0100, André Maroneze wrote:

> I want to use debtags metadata for a research project

The debtags service is planned to be shutdown and the data no longer
published, as there is no-one in Debian who wants to maintain it.

https://lists.debian.org/msgid-search/20231126160111.7nr56b7oje6uwpv2@enricozini.org

> I started contributing, by adding and removing some tags using the
> online tag editor, but the "Checks and hints" part seems wrong to me
> in several cases.

Sounds like there may be bugs that need fixing, but first there would
need to be a new maintainer who could take over the project. If you
were willing to be the primary code maintainer, perhaps you could find
some Debian member willing to be the service maintainers and review and
deploy all of the changes you could make, at least until you become a
Debian member on the basis of your debtags and other contributions.

--
bye,
pabs

https://wiki.debian.org/PaulWise