Re: proposal: dhcpcd-base as standard DHCP client starting with Trixie

Sam Hartman left as an exercise for the reader:
> In the wifi case though, I agree that netplan is a good idea.
> It doesn't look like systemd-networkd supports setting up the
> authentication for a wireless network.  So, you'd need to be using
> wpa_supplicant directly and systemd-networkd.  I think using

I might be misunderstanding your use of "directly" here, but
systemd-networkd certainly supports driving wifi authentication
through wpa_supplicant (though yes, the configuration is
outsourced to wpa_supplicant, which seems desirable since it can
then be picked up and used easily by other tools). It's not
tightly integrated, though, so you usually need some
"IgnoreCarrierLoss" chicanery if you don't want to reinitialize
the interface when switching between BSSIDs.

This is probably what you meant, but just wanted to be clear.

--
nick black -=- https://www.nick-black.com
to make an apple pie from scratch,