Re: Patch apply failed for 7.74 bullseye curl

Hi Avinash,

First, a few items to help you be able to better find assistance on this
and other Debian lists:

1. please don't top post
2. please prefer plain text to HTML and images
3. don't CC list participants unless they specifically request it

On Mon, Feb 13, 2023 at 02:06:20PM +0530, Avinash Roy wrote:
>    Hi Roberto,
>    Thank you for pointing out the error in the subject line.  I have fixed
>    that and yes it's for bullseye curl.
>    The below packages are used to create lib:
>    [1]http://deb.debian.org/debian/pool/main/c/curl/curl_7.74.0.orig.tar.gz
>    [2]http://deb.debian.org/debian/pool/main/c/curl/curl_7.74.0-1.3+deb11u3.debian.tar.xz
>    I have attached the image from my script.
>    Please have a look.
>    [3]image.png

It looks to me like you are relying on plain tar.  Note that Debian
packages are easier to work with if you use the right tools.  I would
recommend that you look at the dget and dpkg-source utilities for
fetching and unpacking Debian source packages.

Regards,

-Roberto

--
Roberto C. Sánchez